Saturday, April 16, 2011

Louisiana Saturday Night

Having lived in Louisiana for several years and still having family there, I can tell you one of my favorite things to eat is crawfish!  My mother-in-law is a fabulous cook and makes the most incredible dishes with crawfish (and butter, lots of it!).  But my most favorite way to eat it is at a crawfish boil.  There is nothing better than an old fashioned Louisiana crawfish boil complete with potatoes, corn and cake pops! ;)

Louisiana natives but now Nashville implants, Caroline and Alan are throwing a crawfish boil tonight and wanted cake pops to serve as their sweet treat.  Caroline and I thought about creating little crawfish pops but opted for classic red sprinkle pops.




We thought wrapping them with raffia would add a rustic Louisiana feel.







Enjoy those mud bugs and save some for me!  Thanks, Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment